RealScience-4-Kids Home Page
The following sample chapters are available for download. They are provided in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format and require Adobe's Acrobat Reader for viewing:
Chemistry I - Student Introductory Material (719 kb) download
Chemistry I - Teacher's Introductory Material (486 kb) download
Chemistry I - Sample Chapter 8 - Text (551 kb) download
Chemistry I - Sample Chapter 8 - Teacher's Manual (517 kb) download
Chemistry I - Sample Chapter 8 - Lab Workbook (153 kb) download
Chemistry I - Connects to Language (345 kb) download
The following sample tests are available for download. They are provided in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format and require Adobe's Acrobat Reader for viewing:
Chemistry I - Mid-term l (29 kb) download
Chemistry I - Mid-term II (48 kb) download
Chemistry I - Mid-term I Teacher's Answers (61 kb) download
Chemistry I - Mid-term II Teachers Anwers (55 kb) download
The following combined material lists are available for Pre-Chemistry I and Chemistry I. They are provided in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format and require Adobe's Acrobat Reader for viewing:
Pre-Chem I, Chemistry I - Chapters 1-5 (32 kb) download
Pre-Chem I, Chemistry I - Chapters 6-10 (34 kb) download
Dr. Rebecca W. Keller
Gravitas Publications, 2004
$25 (includes USPS Media Mail shipping to US addresses only)
$35 (includes air shipping to all foreign addresses)
Save even more when you purchase as a bundle! [ click here ]
The Chemistry Level I Student Text covers 10 chapters of the fundamentals of chemistry with abundant use of color graphics to make learning chemistry fun for elementary grade students. The topics taught include:
- Getting Started Keeping a Laboratory Notebook
- Chapter 1: Matter, Experiment 1: "What is it made of?"
- Chapter 2: Molecules, Experiment 2: "Making Marshmallow Molecules"
- Chapter 3: Chemical Reactions, Experiment 3: "Identifying Chemical Reactions"
- Chapter 4: Acids, Bases and pH, Experiment 4: "Making an acid-base indicator"
- Chapter 5: Acid-base neutralization, Experiment 5: "Vinegar and ammonia in the balance: an introduction to titrations"
- Chapter 6: Mixtures, Experiment 6: "Mix it up"
- Chapter 7: Separating Mixtures, Experiment 7: "Black is black?"
- Chapter 8: Energy Molecules, Experiment 8: "Show me the starch"
- Chapter 9: Polymers, Experiment 9: "Gluey goo"
- Chapter 10: Biological molecules: Proteins and DNA, Experiment 10: "Amylase action"
Many of these topics are not covered until junior high or high school in traditional education settings. Our field test have shown that elementary school children are capable of learning these concepts at and earlier age, and will do better in science later on, when introduced to these topics at an earlier age.
RealScience-4-Kids components can also be ordered individually. Multiple students may share a textbook, but each student needs a set of lab pages to perform the lab experiments and record their results.: